Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Product Spotlight - Tim Holtz masks

Everyone that knows me knows that I'm a fan of Tim Holtz! I'm not so much into the fact that his name is on his products... it's more a case of I know that they're really good products :)

I'm completely into the Distress Inks - in fact I find it really difficult to complete any crafting project without adding a bit of Distress Ink!!

More recently I've discovered how good his masks are! I've tried other masks and they just haven't done the job... but these beauties are FANTASTIC!

My sister recently gave me a Tim Holtz mask (Flourish) as a gift and here's a layout I created with it:
This layout was super easy! Here's the steps I used:
  1. Take a piece of plain cardstock (I used black)
  2. Place Tim Holtz mask in position... it sticks to the paper perfectly but is completely removable without any damage to your paper!
  3. Get some paint (I used white) and smear it over the mask with a paper towel... the best part is that there's NO clean up! When you're happy with the design just let it dry a bit and throw your paper towel in the bin :)
  4. Then I scrunched up a bit of bubble wrap and dabbed it in some more white paint and 'stamped' it around the edges.
  5. Next I added my photos, journaling and title - super easy and really effective!

We've got three of Tim's masks available in our online shop - (L to R) Borderline, Timeworks & Flourish.

If you'd like to see more about using these masks you can watch this video Tim Holtz created... there's LOADS of tips in it!



Happy crafting - Shell xx

1 comment: