Thursday, September 17, 2009

September Mid Month Motivation

Each month we do a mid-month motivation... something just to have a go at. Sometimes it's a sketch, sometimes a card challenge but this month we've got something a little different.

When I was writing about the Tim Holtz masks on the Scrapbook Dreams blog I was thinking about the fact that I really don't use paint on my layouts very much and I realised that as scrappers we all have our 'favourite' things we do over and over... but what have you never tried?? Have you ever bought products thinking you want to give something a go... and then just never actually gotten around to it???

Here's a couple of examples - After being quite 'anti' paint on my layouts I gave it a go and came up with this:
I really wanted to try creating a canvas and the opportunity came up to do a class. I ended up creating this for my BIL and he still has it on the wall:
I learnt lots of new techniques making the canvas and went on to make a few more :)

Just recently I was talking to Esther on the phone and she was busy multi-tasking (as you do). She had a stamp out and had inked it up... then the next minute she went "Bother" (or something fairly similar LOL)... she had accidently inked it with the 'wrong' ink pad But here's the result:
She's been busy ever since doing multi-coloured stamped images!!!

So here's the motivation... try something you've been wanting to do... or have never done! It can be a technique, project, something you've bought and never used... it's completely up to you!... so go and 'play' and show us the results!

When I got home from work tonight there was a fabulous canvas Sherryn had made in the gallery! So why not give it a go and see what you can come up with??

Shell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment