Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Cardmaking Day - Challenge #1

Welcome to our first challenge for World Cardmaking Day

Challenge #1 is all about LAYERS!

Create a card that has at least 3 layers. You might decide to back an embellishment with a cardstock mat... or layer papers together... or create layers using foam dots etc.

The theme is completely over to you!

For my sample card I made a Christmas card for a special friend:

Steps for my card:

I began with my 1st layer of card and stamped text over it.

Then I ripped some patterned paper and inked it and layerd that onto the background.

Next I cut a small piece of text paper and layers that to create a 'ribbon' along the bottom of the card.

Then I matted the Santa image with cardstock and adhered that to the card front.

I then added the pointsettia flower and popped the "25 Dec" up on foam dots in the center.

I finished it off with some rub ons (Merry Christmas and the holly leaves)

When you upload your cards into the gallery please label them "Challenge #1 - your name" and remember that each time you enter a challenge you get a ticket in the draw for the prize pack (and you might even win the challenge spot prize!)

Happy Layering!

No comments:

Post a Comment